About This Week
This week, students will wrap up their reading assignments over our first unit of the semester: Las sociedades en contacto. Students will assess over the unit on Tuesday and take a vocabulary assessment on Friday. Students will examine the following topics:
- Assimilation and marginalization
- Socioeconomic divisions
- Nationalism and regionalism
**The calendar below reflects important dates for both AP courses. Please log in to Schoology to view your class calendar.
What are the learning objectives?
- The student researches and discusses how the viewpoints of people in countries where the target language is spoken are reflected in their practices and products, such as political systems, art, architecture, music, and literature.
What are we doing today?
- Students will complete a grammar or writing activity as a warm-up.
- Students will have time in groups to work on their reading activities, review vocabulary, and study for their unit assessment.
- Students will have a unit assessment on Tuesday
- Students will have a vocabulary assessment on Friday.
- Students will work on a podcast episode on Wednesday and Thursday.
What is the homework?
- Check the calendar for important dates.